Monday, September 17, 2007

Not in Greece just yet...


This vine might look like it is from Santorini but it is right in my back yard in the East Bay.
A few years ago, my friend Mara installed a garden where before it had been all concrete. She and her trusty assistant dug out a crater in the concrete and used the pieces to build a rock wall around a circular plot where now there is an olive tree and other plants.
Beside this is a california wild grape, planted in a vertical ceramic pipe and climbing on rebar and over wires to make a shady area for a table. It has come a long way in two years...

2 comments:

Mariam said...

Hopefully I'll see that vine when I come over for you "Summer BBQ"

growinggrays said...

Hi Joe, I would love to seethat vine also. It was great talking with you the other eve. You are our dear friend whom we love very much. Loved the blog! Val