Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Buying Poems on the Street

Last weekend I met ZACH HOUSTON, who was amiably hawking his impromptu poems at the Rockridge Bart Station in Oakland.

He writes them on what appears to be an Olivetti portable typewriter from about 1974. I paused when asked for a subject, and then blurted out, "cubicles." Here is the resultant poem, which appeared pretty fast.



roofloor

or sealing

the deal

between

an official

legally un

documented

declaration

of war or at

least gentle

ideological

hostility to

repeating

myself at

least not in

euclidean

space rather

the fractal

which doesn't

have any walls

just cloudsoftoday@yahoo.com

look up



Zach is an artist and writer living in Oakland. His ephemeral poetry project intrigues me. I don't think I could let my poems fly away like that; guess I'd need a carbon sheet in the typewriter.

For more on Zach, go to: synthesize.us/Zach_Houston.

No comments: