Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Edible East Bay

Yesterday was largely taken up with the repair of my kitchen sink. (Thanks, honey.)

It has been rainy and all-around pragmatic, in the sense that it just seems to be a time for getting things done. Car insurance, oil change, dentist, med appts., the whole responsibility routine. And this does not include the office! That's a whole other story.

I escaped for 20 minutes to the Market Hall yesterday. (Look for a future post on the Market Hall.) The rain was pouring down outside Peaberries as I stood there drinking my consolatory coffee. Walking out, all too soon, I saw and picked up an Edible East Bay.

A great, free (although you can subscribe) quarterly magazine on local food. There are at least four things in there I want to follow up on, including recipes for preparing fennel, and the Jack London Crab Crawl, which will take place on March 1st.

Check it out: http://www.edibleeastbay.com/.

No comments: