Thursday, March 27, 2008

Crete, shimmering isle...

For the first time in several years, I will not be going to Greece. I will have to find ways to console myself.
Here are a few shots of our best day in Crete, last fall. Lunch with Adonis, Vicky and cousins, at A and V's house, above the town of Paleochora.

Adonis, the quintessential Cretan. Vicky, who makes it all look easy.
Maria, Sifi, Peggy, Katerina, Georgia.
The luminous grapes of Chez Adonis.

A view to town.
The trapeza.
Adonis with his home-grown and -cured olives.
Ah, why do I feel sad and wonderful at once? I miss my island and its people.


2 comments:

Mariam said...

Wow these are great. I am glad that you finally put some pictures up! They inspire me to one day go to Greece and experience the culture first hand

Laurie Constantino said...

Just came in from running errands in the cold of Alaska's winter. I ran across your pictures and they made me feel warm and happy. They're so beautiful and homey.