Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Bu-bye Gall Bladder

This is probably too much information.

My gall bladder had been driving me to distraction all summer. It is now gone. If you have never gone through surgery, the first time is quite the rite of passage. I told the anesthesiologist that if he killed me I'd come back to haunt him.

Surgery is scary, that's all there is to it--even so called routine procedures.

I'm very grateful to Kathleen, my pre-op nurse, for helping me to ask all the right questions and getting me ready. I also had a rock-star surgeon, Dr. Fowler, and the love and support of friends and family. Thanks, all.

2 comments:

Mariam said...

Hi Joseph, hope you are having a speedy recovery. I miss you and can't wait til you get back. I want to text you but I don't want to bother you on your trip. Tell Dave I said hello!

MEDITERRANEAN KIWI said...

you're going to feel great from now on, i hope, with its removal