Monday, August 11, 2008

For the Love of Manoli

Manoli (with his late and much-missed brother Kamaki) came to live at my house about 7 years ago this week. So, even though he was born in April, it's kind of birthday time for him.
Since K left us a year and a half ago, my relationship with M has changed. He's always been a bit on the clingy side, and I am still convinced he thinks I am his mother. But as time goes on he just seems to need more and more LOVE.
I don't mind at all. I think he sometimes gets lonely and bored. Especially when beloved neighbor Roshni is away.
Also, there is an upstart gray kitten that seems to want to horn in on M's supper dish. M came in the other day limping a bit and I suffered, thinking there had been a fight and remembering screeching that woke me at 1230 am the night before. But he's fine now and the rival seems to have wandered off into other territory.
K and M have made me into a "cat person"--something I would never have predicted. They were rescued. This is something I think can be quite rewarding. If you want a fuzzy friend, or just to lend a much needed paw, check out Island Cat Resources and Adoptions.
Meow, babies.

1 comment:

Mariam said...

That is a great shot of him! I love those eyes. I look forward to meeting him. Though I am not a cat person, he seems special.