This photo is from Cape Cod, last year.
I have been hearing through the grapevine that people DO read my blog to keep up with me, although many are shy to comment. Well, thanks for caring, and look for more fun stuff here since summer is on.
Summer is bliss and stress. The bliss is obvious. The stress is wanting to pack so many things into it that you know you'll fail. But if you do fail, fail with a sense of style, with aplomb. Sing at the top of your lungs as the ship of summer sinks into the foam!
Where to go this summer, in straightened circumstances? I just found out I will probably have an additional pay cut on top of the 10% I already have. Luckily I am a saver. My dream summer trip, which will probably be edited, is as follows:
- Oakland to Boston. Hang out in Boston and take day trips to Maine and Provincetown.
- Boston to Paris. Have never been to Paris.
- Paris to Athens. I could write a book on Athens. My beloved despoiled Athina. I love to walk in your streets and find ancient faces.
- Athens to Santorini, Mykonos, etc.on the boats.
- Boat to Chania, Crete. Stay in Chania for 4-5 days.
- Drive to Paleochora. Stay 1 week.
- Boat from Chania to Athens.
- Athens to London.
- Back home.
Well, hopefully some of that will happen.