Friday, October 23, 2009

the blazons of autumn

Yes, we do have fall here in the Bay Area, although it is not nearly as dramatic as the ones back East. However, it lasts LONGER. And for that I am grateful.
There are some liquidamber trees lining a road I drive sometimes at the end of the day, and they are starting to show their stuff. It's fun, surprising, enlivening to see the change.
You see, my favorite part of the Wizard of Oz is the Horse of a Different Color. For those of you who do not remember, every time Dorothy looked at the horse its coat had changed. I guess you call that whimsy. For me, it's an indispensable part of life.
On the other hand, I wish the mornings were not so dark just now. I dislike getting up before the sunrise.
***
Dave and I were at Vines in Alameda having coffee and I discovered the most amazing art magazine. It is called Works and Conversations. Let me know what you think of it. Hugs to all my lovely lurkers.

No comments: